Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Stickers

So I wanted to have an event chach-kee (sp?) to hand out to finishers after the ride. My first idea was jerseys, a la the totally awesome inaugural Steiner100 jerseys back in 2006*. But jerseys are a lot of money and I am a retiree on a fixed income, so I bagged that idea.

*And which I encourage S100 vets to wear for the OO2012.

My next idea was stickers. As many of you know, I love stickers. And I thought an event sticker on cars around town could get people thinking like, "The OO2012? What's that? How come I don't know about it??" But minimum quantity is like 250 stickers, and since the max number of people doing the OO will probably be like 20, that seemed overkill.* So I bagged the sticker idea, too. But just so you know, here's what it would've looked like:

*"Overkill" in this instance being defined as roughly a hundred bucks. I guess I could've left the year off and used them in future years, but that would've been like a 12 year supply... Oh BTW, I still have super-cool WatcherSTICKERS if anyone wants one...

Yeah, so anyway, you're not getting anything.

1 comment:

  1. Alex said: "I am a retiree on a fixed income".

    So, you're making it permanent? I thought it was more of a sabbatical. Is Sue aware of this? I'm just jealous.

    Wikipedia says "tchotchke" but there are many alternate spellings.

    A keepsake is a nice thought but I agree it's overkill*. Maybe I'll use the graphic by changing "finisher" to "participant".

    ReplyDelete