Thursday, June 7, 2012

Overland Participants and Grouping

Wow. This is going to be an awesome ride with a total all-star cast. As of Thursday, June 7, here's who's opted-in:

Mark A.
Chris C.
Kris N.**
Chris R.
Rick S.
Steve B.
Jon S.
Darren C.
Tom B.
Tom M.
Tom D.
Ashley P.
Aaron S.
Paul D.
Cory P.
Jill B.*
Vicente P.
Eric D.
Alex O.

(If you don't yet know everyone else, don't sweat it. Just address anyone you don't know as "Chris" or "Tom" and you have a decent shot of getting it right.)

*Likely Segment 1 only
**Likely Segment 2 only


(I'm keeping Colin F. on the dist in event of a rain-date resched, and Jim M. on in hopes of luring him to the hootenanny.)

Obviously this is a big group to ride together, and over 80+ miles, it's unlikely everyone will want to go the same pace, where "pace" means that we're at the same re-group points at the same time. Which is totally cool. All I ask is that if you're not going to go the same pace as, well, me, then just let me know. You can "let me know" in one of 2 ways:

1) Tell me at a re-group point. ("Pete, Bill, Betty and I are going to go ahead/slow down at our own pace…") Where practical I encourage you to group up with at least one other rider*.

*As I am not coming back at midnight to search for your lost hypothermic ass…

2) Text me the same thing at 801-694-2374. (BTW, I will only be checking texts and answering calls at re-group points.)

No comments:

Post a Comment